If you want to attract and retain users in the booming mobile services market, you need a quick-loading app that won’t churn through their data plan
Core Python Applications Programming, 3rd Edition
- Author : Wesley Chun
- Year : 2012
- Pages : 886
- File size : 13.01 MB
- File format : PDF
- Category : Programming, Python
* Already know Python but want to learn more? A lotmore? Dive into a variety of topics used in practice for real-world applications.
* Covers regular expressions, Internet/network programming, GUIs, SQL/databases/ORMs, threading, and Web development.
* Learn about contemporary development trends such as Google+, Twitter, MongoDB, OAuth, Python 3 migration, and Java/Jython. Presents brand new material on Django, Google App Engine, CSV/JSON/XML, and Microsoft Office. Includes Python 2 and 3 code samples to get you started right away!
* Provides code snippets, interactive examples, and practical exercises to help build your Python skills.
The Complete Developer’s Guide to Python
Python is an agile, robust, and expressive programming language that continues to build momentum. It combines the power of compiled languages with the simplicity and rapid development of scripting languages. In Core Python Applications Programming, Third Edition ,leading Python developer and corporate trainer Wesley Chun helps you take your Python knowledge to the next level.
This book has everything you need to become a versatile Python developer. You will be introduced to multiple areas of application development and gain knowledge that can be immediately applied to projects, and you will find code samples in both Python 2 and3, including migration tips if that’s on your roadmap too. Some snippets will even run unmodified on 2.x or 3.x.
* Learn professional Python style, best practices, and good programming habits
* Build clients and servers using TCP, UDP, XML-RPC, and be exposed to higher-level libraries like SocketServer and Twisted
* Develop GUI applications using Tkinter and other available toolkits
* Improve application performance by writing extensions in C/C++, or enhance I/O-bound code with multithreading
* Discover SQL and relational databases, ORMs, and even non-relational (NonSQL) databases like MongoDB
* Learn the basics of Web programming, including Web clients and servers, plus CGI and WSGI
* Expose yourself to regular expressions and powerful text processing tools for creating and parsing CSV, JSON, and XML data
* Interface with popular Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook using COM client programming
* Dive deeper into Web development with the Django framework and cloud computing with Google App Engine
* Explore Java programming with Jython, the way to run Python code on the JVM
* Connect to Web services Yahoo! Finance to get stock quotes, or Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, and others to download or send e-mail
* Jump into the social media craze by learning how to connect to the Twitter and Google+ networks
Core Python Applications Programming, Third Edition,delivers
* Broad coverageof a variety of areas of development used in real-world applications today
* Powerful insightsinto current and best practices for the intermediate Python programmer
* Dozens of code examples,from quick snippets to full-fledged applications
* A variety of exercisesat the end of every chapter to help hammer the concepts home
eBooks in the same categorie :
Written in Packt’s Beginner’s Guide format, you can easily grasp the concepts and understand the techniques to perform wireless attacks in
Hugely successful and popular text presenting an extensive and comprehensive guide for all R users The R language is recognized as one of the most pow
Closely examine website scraping and data processing: the technique of extracting data from websites in a format suitable for further analysis. You
Look at Python from a data science point of view and learn proven techniques for data visualization as used in making critical business decisions. Sta
?Learn how to use Python and its structures, how to install Python, and which tools are best suited for data analyst work. This book provides you with
Python is a multi-domain, interpreted programming language. It is a widely used general-purpose, high-level programming language. It is often used as
This short book on Python descriptors is a collection of knowledge and ideas from many sources on dealing with and creating descriptors. And, after go
Pygame is a library created to make multimedia software documenting easy to design. It adds functionality on top of the excellent SDL library. This al