Mari Bolte is an author of children’s books and a lover of art. She lives in southern Minnesota with her husband, daughter, and two wiener dogs.
Foundations for Analytics with Python
- Author : Clinton W. Brownley
- Year : 2016
- Pages : 356
- File size : 321 MB
- File format : PDF
- Category : Programming, Python
If you’re like many of Excel’s 750 million users, you want to do more with your data—like repeating similar analyses over hundreds of files, or combining data in many files for analysis at one time. This practical guide shows ambitious non-programmers how to automate and scale the processing and analysis of data in different formats—by using Python.
After author Clinton Brownley takes you through Python basics, you’ll be able to write simple scripts for processing data in spreadsheets as well as databases. You’ll also learn how to use several Python modules for parsing files, grouping data, and producing statistics. No programming experience is necessary.
- Create and run your own Python scripts by learning basic syntax
- Use Python’s csv module to read and parse CSV files
- Read multiple Excel worksheets and workbooks with the xlrd module
- Perform database operations in MySQL or with the mysqlclient module
- Create Python applications to find specific records, group data, and parse text files
- Build statistical graphs and plots with matplotlib, pandas, ggplot, and seaborn
- Produce summary statistics, and estimate regression and classification models
- Schedule your scripts to run automatically in both Windows and Mac environments
eBooks in the same categorie :
Take your books to the cloud with the ultimate guide to Xero Xero For Dummies is your one-stop resource for working with this revolutionary accounting
Its scale, flexibility, cost effectiveness, and fast turnaround are just a few reasons why crowdsourced testing has received so much attention lately.
Easy to understand and fun to read, Introducing Python is ideal for beginning programmers as well as those new to the language. Author Bill Lubanovic
Python in easy steps, 2nd edition instructs you how to program in the powerful Python language, giving complete examples that illustrate each aspect
In Starting Out with Python ®, Second Edition Tony Gaddis’ evenly-paced, accessible coverage introduces students to the basics of programming and p
Raspberry Pi Cookbook for Python Programmers is a practical guide for getting the most out of this little computer. It will guide you through the many
This text is intended for a one-semester introductory programming course for students with limited programming experience. In Starting Out with Python
If you’ve ever spent hours renaming files or updating hundreds of spreadsheet cells, you know how tedious tasks like these can be. But what if you c