Production of 3D art is an exciting medium, but the task of modeling requires intense attention to detail, so speed and efficiency are vital. This boo
Learning Penetration Testing with Python
- Author : Christopher Duffy
- Year : 2015
- Pages : 314
- File size : 9.37 MB
- File format : PDF
- Category : Programming, Python
Python is a powerful new-age scripting platform that allows you to build exploits, evaluate services, automate, and link solutions with ease. Python is a multi-paradigm programming language well suited to both object-oriented application development as well as functional design patterns. Because of the power and flexibility offered by it, Python has become one of the most popular languages used for penetration testing.
This book highlights how you can evaluate an organization methodically and realistically. Specific tradecraft and techniques are covered that show you exactly when and where industry tools can and should be used and when Python fits a need that proprietary and open source solutions do not.
Initial methodology, and Python fundamentals are established and then built on. Specific examples are created with vulnerable system images, which are available to the community to test scripts, techniques, and exploits. This book walks you through real-world penetration testing challenges and how Python can help.
From start to finish, the book takes you through how to create Python scripts that meet relative needs that can be adapted to particular situations. As chapters progress, the script examples explain new concepts to enhance your foundational knowledge, culminating with you being able to build multi-threaded security tools, link security tools together, automate reports, create custom exploits, and expand Metasploit modules.
What You Will Learn
- Familiarise yourself with the generation of Metasploit resource files
- Use the Metasploit Remote Procedure Call (MSFRPC) to automate exploit generation and execution
- Use Python’s Scrapy, network, socket, office, Nmap libraries, and custom modules
- Parse Microsoft Office spreadsheets and eXtensible Markup Language (XML) data files
- Write buffer overflows and reverse Metasploit modules to expand capabilities
- Exploit Remote File Inclusion (RFI) to gain administrative access to systems with Python and other scripting languages
- Crack an organization’s Internet perimeter
- Chain exploits to gain deeper access to an organization’s resources
- Interact with web services with Python
eBooks in the same categorie :
Design and Deploy High-Performance JavaFX Controls Deliver state-of-the-art applications with visually stunning UIs. Mastering JavaFX 8 Controls pro
Dress up office documents the Apple way with iWork ’09 and this friendly guide If you’re a Mac lover and want to explore life outside of t
This book gives you an arsenal of Python scripts perfect to use or to customize your needs for each stage of the testing process. Each chapter takes y
With a basic knowledge of Python you have the potential to undertake time-saving text processing. This book is a great introduction to the various tec
Python is a dynamic programming language, used in a wide range of domains by programmers who find it simple, yet powerful. Even if you find writing Py
For many researchers, Python is a first-class tool mainly because of its libraries for storing, manipulating, and gaining insight from data. Several r
Selenium WebDriver is a popular automated testing tool for web applications. Python is one of the top programming languages and when used with Seleniu
With a growing interest in learning to program, game development is an appealing topic for getting started with coding. From geometry to basic Artific